BullRun Reality Show Season II
Season 2 casting was held in 2007 and 2008, and the show was filmed in December 2008, with the first episode airing on Speed Channel on February 19, 2009. The series continues to be hosted by Bill Goldberg.
Rule Changes vs Season 1
- With the exception of the final episode, instead of the challenge being held in the middle of the episode, the challenge is now held at the end, and three teams participate in one challenge as opposed to two head-to-head challenges. In the final episode, the challenge is held in the middle of the episode like in Season 1 and it does not determine eliminations. Instead, all three remaining teams compete for time bonuses to be deducted from their overall driving leg times for the episode, 10 minutes for 1st place, 5 minutes for 2nd, and no bonus for 3rd.
- Instead of choosing "My Way" or the "Highway", the teams choose their own routes, but must pass through a number of checkpoints en route to their destination.
- Instead of the slowest overall time in the episode being eliminated, the team that comes in last place in each challenge is eliminated.
- Instead of the top two teams picking two teams each to go into the challenge, the slowest two times are automatically entered, with a third being selected by the episode's time winner, with the exception of the 9th episode where the bottom three times are automatically entered and the final episode, where all three remaining teams are entered.
- Time bonuses and racing for opponents' times no longer exist.
- Following an incident during the challenge leg in Episode 4, it was stated that the rules would require a team that was successful in the challenge but had immediately damaged their vehicle would have to repair their vehicle in time for the next stage, or their place in Bullrun would be taken by the team that had lost that challenge.
|Rank||Car #||Car||Drivers||From||Challenge Events||Final Episode|
|1st||10||2007 Shelby Super Snake||Mike Lahalih and Spiro Tsaparas (friends, former brothers in law)||Chicago, IL||4||10 (Season 2 champions)|
|2nd||08||2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71||Barry "Bear" Brown II and Matt McManus (friends)||Auburn, AL||6||10 (Season 2 1st runner-up)|
|3rd||09||2001 Chevy Corvette||Elvis Strange and Steve McCabe  (friends)||Los Angeles, CA and Hollywood, CA||4||10 (Season 2 2nd runner-up)|
|4th||01||1967 VW Microbus||Bill Tsagrinos and George Tsagrinos (brothers)||Las Vegas, NV||3||Eliminated on episode 9|
|5th||02||2008 Lexus IS250||Brooke Bettoney and Amanda Ensminger (friends)||Bryant, AR and Little Rock, AR||1||Eliminated on episode 8|
|6th||11||2006 Pontiac Solstice||Tony Williams and Theresa Williams (married)||Las Vegas, NV||2||Eliminated on episode 7|
|7th||05||1970 Dodge Dart||Paul Wagner and Tony Wagner (father and son)||Lakeside, CA||2||Eliminated on episode 6|
|8th||03||1969 Chevy Camaro||Wade Griswald and Brook Phillips (friends)||- - and Wichita, KS||1||Eliminated on episode 5|
|9th||12||2006 Mitsubishi Evolution||Chris Rogers and Jason Brockhoft||Washington State||3||Eliminated on episode 4|
|10th||07||2003 Ferrari 360 Spider||Marcus Michaelson and Yelena Krupen (couple)||Russia and Canada||2||Eliminated on episode 3|
|11th||06||1971 De Tomaso Pantera||Nick Morland and Jason Eaton (brothers in law)||Boulder Creek, CA and Capitola, CA||1||Eliminated on episode 2|
|12th||04||2002 Porsche 911 Carrera||Jaime Reyes and William Rodriguez||Linden, NJ and Keyport, NJ||1||Eliminated on episode 1|
Winner and runners-up
The winning team for Season 2 was Team Shelby. The friends and former brothers in law from Chicago, Illinois, Mike Lahalih and Spiro Tsaparas were one of the more consistent teams in the rally. Although they were unable to finish first in any of driving legs except for the last, their navigating was still good enough to avoid most of the challenges by finishing mid-pack, which allowed them to effectively fly under the radar. When they were forced into the challenges, the combination of their 725 hp Shelby Super Snake and Spiro's impressive driving (Mike drove during the driving legs and Spiro drove in the challenges) made them one of the most formidable cars in the rally.
Team Avalanche was the 1st runner-up for Season 2. The friends from Auburn, Alabama, Barry "Bear" Brown II and Matt McManus showed impressive driving skill in an incredible six challenges, often beating cars that were much smaller, lighter and faster than their full-size pickup truck, but ultimately their inconsistent navigating kept them from the championship.
Team Corvette was the 2nd runner-up for Season 2. The friends from California, Elvis Strange and Steve McCabe showed impressive navigating skills throughout the rally, finishing well in most of the episodes including finishing 1st in the driving leg an incredible 3 times in a row and the first leg of the final day. Ultimately their poor challenge performance on the final day (allowing the other two teams to reduce the time gap from the first driving leg) and finishing 3rd in the final driving leg led to their 3rd place overall finish.
For Season 2, teams are eliminated through a Challenge Event, with a time bonus challenge for the final episode.
- Team Porsche was the first team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way 'School Bus Takedown' challenge with Team Shelby and Team Ferrari. With clutch problems, Team Porsche's time was 8.1 seconds behind 2nd place Team Shelby's 0:40.17 run. Team Solstice finished first on the driving leg, and chose Team Ferrari to join the bottom teams Shelby and Porsche in the challenge.
- Team Pantera was the second team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way 'Jet Relay' challenge with Team Evo and Team Corvette. Team Pantera's time was just 3 seconds behind 2nd place Team Corvette's 1:31 run. Team Lexus finished first on the driving leg, and chose Team Evo to join bottom teams Corvette and Pantera in the challenge.
- Team Ferrari was the third team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way 'Blind Run' challenge with Team Evo and Team Avalanche. Team Ferrari's time was 40 seconds behind 2nd place Team Evo's 4:50 run. Team Lexus finished first on the driving leg, and chose Team Evo to join bottom teams Ferrari and Avalanche in the challenge.
- Team Evo was the fourth team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way 'Prison Break' challenge with Team Dart and Team Avalanche. Team Evo's time was just 2 seconds behind 2nd place Team Dart's 2:20 run. Team Solstice finished first on the driving leg, and chose Team Avalanche to join bottom teams Evo and Dart in the challenge.
- Team Camaro was the fifth team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way 'Slalom Drag' challenge with Team Solstice and Team Corvette. Team Camaro's time was 17 seconds behind 1st place Team Corvette's 1:56 run (time for 2nd place Team Solstice was not mentioned). Team Avalanche finished first in the driving leg, and chose Team Camaro to join the bottom teams Solstice and Corvette in the challenge.
- Team Dart was the sixth team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way "Desert Blitz" challenge with Team VW and Team Avalanche. Team Dart's time was only 3 seconds behind 2nd place Team VW's 1:26 run. Team Corvette finished first in the driving leg and chose Team Avalanche to join bottom teams VW and Dart in the challenge.
- Team Solstice was the seventh team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way "Thunder Road" challenge with Team VW and Team Avalanche. Team Solstice's time was 14.47 seconds behind 2nd place Team Avalanche's 0:43.66 run. Team Corvette once again finished first in the driving leg and once again chose Team Avalanche to join bottom teams VW and Solstice in the challenge. The challenge was different from the other challenges in that each competitor drove identical stunt vehicles rather than the vehicles they brought to the rally.
- Team Lexus was the eighth team eliminated, competing in their first ever challenge, after finishing 3rd in a 3-way "Drift and Smash" challenge with Team Avalanche and Team Shelby. Team Lexus' time was 23.5 seconds behind 2nd place Team Shelby's 0:35.9 run. Team Corvette finished first in the driving leg, for the third time in a row, and chose Team Avalanche, for the third time in a row, to join bottom teams Shelby and Lexus in the challenge.
- Team VW was the ninth team eliminated after finishing 3rd in a 3-way "Autobowl" challenge with Team Shelby and Team Corvette. Team VW's time was 8.1 seconds behind 2nd place Team Corvette's 0:33.4 second run. Team Avalanche finished first in the driving leg and the other three teams were automatically put into the challenge.
- The Season 2 finale's (episode 10) challenge was similar to the Season 1 challenges in that it took place in the middle of the episode and did not determine eliminations. All three remaining teams competed in the challenge for time bonuses to be subtracted from their overall driving leg times, 10 minutes for 1st place, 5 minutes for 2nd and no bonus for 3rd. Team Avalanche came in 1st in the challenge with a time of 12 seconds, with teams Shelby and Corvette coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Episode 1: Team Shelby had engine problems, but since the challenge took place at the Shelby plant, they fixed it. Team Porsche had clutch problems during the challenge, directly contributing to their last place time.
- Episode 2: Team Pantera had to stop and seal a leak in their fuel tank. Team Pantera also developed a clutch problem. With help from numerous other teams, and the use of the equipment at a small boat shop, they finished major repairs just in time to compete in the 3-way challenge.
- Episode 3: Team Avalanche had trouble with a tire but this did not affect them in the competition.
- Episode 4: Team Evo sped through the gate at the end of the challenge and crashed into a concrete slab, severely damaging their car while deploying their airbags. Team Dart finished the challenge then celebrated by fishtailing through the prison yard and struck a concrete curb, rolling the car. Team Dart, with the help of most of the other teams, spent the majority of the night working on the car and were able to repair the damage in time for the next driving leg.
- Episode 5: Teams were affected by light snowfall in the early morning and freezing temperatures through the first part of the day. Team Solstice's low ground clearance added to difficulties in the snow. Team VW's vehicle lacked a heater, which left both teammates very cold and caused ice to build up on their windshield. Team Dart's repair job from the previous day's rollover left many spaces through which freezing air entered the passenger compartment.
- Episode 6: Team Solstice experienced engine sputtering, but were able to fix the problem by turning off the engine and restarting it. Team Avalanche lost a significant amount of air from their right front tire during the challenge but were able to re-inflate it.
- Episode 7: Team VW had a problem with exhaust fumes flowing into the vehicle. After suffering for some time, they were able to correct the problem themselves.
- Episode 8: Starting the day with cold temperatures and snow cover, Team VW once again had problems starting their vehicle (eventually requiring a boost) and moving through the snow. The next day, in the challenge event, Team Shelby had a problem with their emergency brake which prevented them from e
Bullrun Hero Car:
The challenge demonstration car this season was a 1 of 1 "Bullrun Edition" Shelby GT built by West Coast Customs in Corona California.